Saturday, September 20, 2008

Loss of "Goober"



"Goober"

Well, it has now been 6 months since we have lost "Goober". We believe someone has taken him. Rumor has it someone(s) have been taking pure bred pets around our area and selling them down in Nashville somewhere for animal testing. There have been several pets come up missing in the last 6 months from our area. We see 'lost pet' or 'missing' signs posted everywhere.

Its sad that people take away from other peoples family. It's almost like losing a family member. God is watching them...they will get their 'Just-reward' for what they have done someday.
"Goofball Goober"

"Buster & Goober"


We miss "Goober" very very much. He was a big goofball of a basset. He had an extra long tongue that stuck out ALL the time and was an extremely friendly and loving pet. He was a beautiful Lemon/White basset...(which is why our "Dodger" was mistaken for him all this time) when we posted "Goober" missing. We got him when he was 4 months old and "Buster" was 4 years old. "Goober" was the Hoss' of the litter! You can look at his picture and see that!! He was an extremely sweet basset. We sure miss him.



"Goober & Buster"

We felt it was in God's plan to adopt "Dodger" when the humane society called me and told me they thought they might have "Goober". Well, after recieving several calls from people who thought it was are "Goober" ,we were led to "Dodger" EVERY SINGLE TIME! "Dodger" was a 'roamer' and had been for evedently all 4 years of his life. So we felt it was God's way of comforting our "Buster" who missed "Goober" so terribly, he was pining for him and stopped eating and playing, and the Lord wanted to give "Dodger" a good permanant and loving home.

"Dodger" was used to roaming and "Buster" always stayed at the house so we had to pin "Dodger" up at night and let him out during the day. We didn't have to worry about "Buster" running off so we didn't need to pin him up...(so I thought) until coyotees attacked him...anyway, "Buster" always slept by the pin so he could be near "Dodger". He was such a sweet dog.






"Buster" perked right up within 10 minutes after we brought "Dodger" home. They became inseperable immediately, just like he did with "Goober". . . but after just 2 months of adopting "Dodger"... the coyotees got our precious "Butster". "Dodger" watched the entire thing and barked all night long trying to let us know something happened. We thought he was barking at a rabbit. ( He does that alot.) ...We found "Buster" that next morning right in our front yard. It was a HORRIBLE day. I will never forget it. "Dodger" pined and stopped eating and playing after "Buster" died. Soooo...we got a Husky/Malimute puppy my husband named "Bo" (short for "Bocefus" , you know, 'Hank Williams Jr.' ? ), introduced them, and they get along GREAT! "Dodger" is happy again.


After getting "Bo", I tried not to get another basset. I really tried. but I missed my "Buster" so terribly much, I told my husband I wanted to get another one. But instead of getting just one, we now have 2 more basset puppies. I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF!! THEY WERE SOOOOO CUTE!!! I couldn't decide on the little boy or the little girl, soooo...I GOT BOTH!!!


I will introduce you to them in my next post! So check back!

No comments: